Zipping a file means compressing of the files so that the files take lesser space on hard drive and share them effortlessly with others. Zipping of the files is very easy in Windows 10 and it can be performed directly in File Explorer which means there is non eed to install the 3rd party tools. In order to zip the files you need to open the File Explorer and after that you are required to select the files and then use either Send To Menu or Ribbon Menu. You can also learn about Syncing Your Settings in Windows 10.
Zipping Files by Using Send To Menu:
For zipping the files by using Send To menu you are required to follow these simple steps.
- First of all you are required to select the files and folders which you need to compress. If you are looking for zipping more than one file or folder then you can use two different methods which includes seleting consecutive files by holding down Shift key and 2nd one is selecting random or non-consecutive items by holding down Ctrl key.
- In the next step you need to right click on file/folder.
- After that a drop down menu will appear. Now from here you need to select/click Send To and then Compressed folder.
- In the next step you need to name a ZIP file and for that you are required enter the name which you need for the zipped file. Press Enter for accepting the suggested filename.
Zipping One or More Files with Ribbon Menu.
Files can also be zipped from the ribbon menu of Windows 10 and for that you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the file or folder which you need to compress or zip.
- In the File Explorer you are required to navigate to the Share tab.
- From the Share tab you are required to click on the Zip button.
- With these simple steps your desired files and folders will be compressed.