AutoCAD is a tool that has been developed especially for the engineers so that they can create engineering drawings with ease. Architects can also take advantage of this productive tool for creating some architectural designs. With AutoCAD the producitivity has been enhanced to a great degree. In this tutorial you will learn how to create polygon in AutoCAD. Polygon is a plane figurte which is bounded by finite number of straight line segments. These segments are known as sides or edges. The two sides which meet at a point is known as a vertex or a corner. The interior of the polygon is called the body of polygon.You can also learn about Finding Saved Wi-Fi Passwords in Windows 10. For creating polygon in AutoCAD you need to follow these simple steps.
- First of all you are required to open anew drawing and for that you need to click on New from the menu bar.
- Make sure that ORTHO mode is ON (It will be ON when it glow in blue). Click on the icon for turning it ON or OFF or you can press F8 to toggle.
- Now you need to type z [space bar], e [space bar] and this will zoom extents the drawing area.
- In the next step you need to click on Draw>Polygon.
- Now you nee to specify the number of sides and for this tutorial we will set the value to 5 and then press enter.
- In the next step you are required to specify the center of the polygon and type 0,0 and press Enter.
- Now you need to click on Circumscribed about circle.
- Now move the cursor in the upward direction and type 1 as the radius of the polygon.
- With the above mentioned simple steps you will be able to draw a polygon easily in AutoCAD.